Sunday, October 28, 2007

Month Review...A Few Days Early

This may be a little bit early but I think it is an appropriate time to give a monthly recap of the site and some things of interest.

Earnings seasons has been in full swing. We have seen:

1) Google, Apple, & Microsoft post good gains and advance.
2) Amazon post good gains, but not considered good enough and get whacked.
3) Bad earnings reports from Merrill Lynch and Bank of America.

It looks like Stan O'Neal looks like he is just going to step down at Merrill after all. It is much smarter than getting shown the door, which was a foregone conclusion already. You just can't report a write off loss of $5 billion and report a loss of just shy of $8 billion a few weeks later. Mr. Market isn't a big fan of that type of performance.

The Fed meets this week...I'll definitely be posting more about this in the coming days. This cut, whatever amount it is, and subsequent notes from the Fed will give direction for the remainder of this year.

But on to the review. I have now had this blog for 3 full months. And traffic has increased each month. Still not setting the world on fire with hits, but progress is progress. Here is the list of my most popular blogs this past month.

1) Subprime is Gone, FHA, & Credit Unions was by far the most popular choice from this month. It was featured in the blog carnival at truthfullending.com. Thanks to truth and check out the other posters. It's always good to share.
2) One of my earliest blogs, Death of the 2/28 ARM continues to draw a good portion of traffic. I plan to go over steps individuals should take when facing ARM resets in November.
3) Repair Your Credit discusses what you can do to fix errors on your credit report and also a third party that can help you with issues if you are uncomfortable handling issues yourself.
4) Countrywide's Loss is Investors Gain, was just a post from last week, but my fellow Nesteggr Zach, linked it in his blog zachstocks.com. Thanks to Zach.

Remember, check out my dad's book, Cold Trail listed on the side of this blog. Doesn't the cover look cool? Like mysteries? This is the book for you. Help my dad out with his initial book, Cold Trail.

Again, I'm begging for comments. I will send a Financial Bullet magnet to the next three commentors. Make a comment, leave your mailing address and I will send you my beautiful logo magnet to you immediately. US only mailing addresses only. Sorry my international friends.

No comments: