Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Update & The Mortgage Czar

Ok, so it's been a week since I last write. Get over it. I am going to be reducing the number of posts now. Expect more like one to two a week instead of four to six. I just can't keep plugging away and giving you less than the best posts. Plus it is the baseball playoffs. I kinda sorta have to watch it. It's a compulsion.

Just one update in my stock picks/sells. I was starting to fell bad that LVS was still advancing along like it was going to break right on through that $163 price target, until today. It lost 11% today to close at $127, less than when I sold out. Why? News that income from Macau revenue pushed LVS to a gain of 55% from a year ago. And that was bad. Just like I stated when I sold the stock. The market was expecting a 75% gain. Talk about your moon and stars hopes. I told you so.

Today, Democrats wanted the Bush Administration to create a new position of Mortgage Czar to help cope with the wave of expected foreclosures. Bush's camp threw out, there already is one, Alphonso Jackson, secretary of housing and urban development (HUD). And Bush is right. What good is it to add another layer of government to mimic the job of another. The Mortgage Czar is a stupid idea pushed forward by democrats desparate to find an answer to the mess before election time. I say this, and proudly say that I'm a Dem but this idea is bad bad bad. But if it goes through, can I apply for the job?

I've always wanted to be a czar and then to put "mortgage" with it. Heaven

No comments: