Friday, August 24, 2007

Updates and News

Updates

Just some house cleaning that I wanted to do. First notice no more Google ads. Adsense is a good idea and a great way to earn some additional bucks…but I don’t have any say on which ads are posted. So, I can be blasting Countrywide (like I tend to do) and lo and behold on the right-hand side is an advertisement for Countrywide mortgages along with other funky mortgage company ads that I would never in a million years endorse. You also got to see the nice Helium.com ads. I think Helium is a bunch of hot air. So I had to put the kibosh on that stuff. Any ads that you now will see on the site are going to be affiliate type links where I choose what you are seeing. And unlike Google ads, I can tell you to click on the ads that are listed. Check them out, no obligation whatsoever.

I am also going to build some Financial Bullet merchandise. I’m definitely offering coffee cups. I can see all two of my readers going, “Why the heck would I want that?” I’m not really sure. But I really like my logo and I’m going to give them as gifts to all my family members this Christmas. If you’re not going to visit the site on a regular basis when I ask nicely, I’m going to have it printed on a flippin’ cup!

Exciting News

I have started my own investment portfolio (for real) over at Sharebuilder. I give my picks here all the time, I probably should put money where my typing is.

Full Disclosure: It ain’t a lot of money and I did not purchase individual stocks. I started with an EFT fund, Rydex Russel Top 50 EFT (XLG). This EFT holds extra large companies such as ExxonMobile, AT&T, Proctor & Gamble, Bank of America, & Microsoft. You can see other top holdings and fund balance here. I think this will give me a great anchor and diversify through many different sectors. I will build a small amount over the next few months and then look for another EFT that I can feel strongly about. Once I get a good amount invested maybe then I will have the confidence to go out and buy the individual stocks that I talk about so much.

No comments: