Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Moderator

Welcome to week two of The Moderator. This week's guest is new CEO of Chrystler Robert Nardelli. Welcome, Mr. Nardelli.

Nardelli: Start the clock!

Moderator: Excuse me?

Nardelli: You heard me. Your time is a wasting. Start asking the questions.

Moderator: I would be happy to start asking questions if you promise to stop counting your money in front of me...it's quite rude.

Nardelli: (Sighs) Sure kid. Whatever you what, it's your nickel.

Moderator: So your new salary at Chrystler is $1 but you have decided not to disclose how your compensation package is determined. Why?

Nardelli: Because I don't have to. PHHHHHHHHHT!

Moderator: Right. But the goal taking a company private is to reorganize and then make it public again. You will have to disclose your salary then.

Nardelli: Yeah, so what. I ain't talking until I have to.

Moderator: But if anyone should be talking about their compensation it should be you after the fallout at Home Depot.

Nardelli: I'm not here to talk about the past.

Moderator: But you put me on the clock? Isn't that what you did at your last shareholders meeting at Home Depot? Keeping commenter's to a strict time limit for asking questions?

Nardelli: I'm not here to discuss the past. I want to be a positive roll model for the future.

Moderator: You're not Mark McGuire. I bet you couldn't hit a baseball past your own shadow.

Nardelli: but I have lot of money. Lots of money.

Moderator: And you're counting it again.

Nardelli: 3,2,1...that's it. I'm outta here waferhead. You owe me $200,000 for an appearance fee. $30,000 for asking me about my new compensation package. $10,000 for making me wait for three minutes. $7400 for having a green bathroom. $5600 for....

Moderator: Thanks for joining us Mr. Nardelli. I won't pay your rich hind end on red cent. Next week we will have our fictional interview with CEO of Countrywide Angelo Mozilo.. I'm sure The Financial Bullet can't wait for that one! See you next week.

No comments: