Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More on the Rate Cut & A Couple Friends

The market continued to rally today, though obviously not to the same extent, intoxicated on the Fed's rate cut. How long that intoxication lasts? As long as it takes to get a really sobering report that brings everything into focus. Tomorrow is a good chance the run comes to an end with Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns reporting tomorrow. I have a feeling that those two will post earnings numbers closer to what Morgan Stanley did today versus what Lehman reported earlier this week.

We also will find out how Nike faired after the Michael Vick fiasco. Circuit City, Carnival, and FedEx report tomorrow also. Keep a close eye on FedEx, they have tended to predict the future based on their business.

Overall, I'm still underwhelmed by the impact of the rate cut. Maybe I'm bitter. Maybe it's that I sat through half a day of the Indiana Mortgage Banker's Association's annual meeting. Talk about underwhelming. I have another FULL day of it tomorrow. I should have some nice nuggets to share though when everything is said and done.

All two of you who read The Financial Bullet know that I also write for Nesteggr. I want to bring to your attention a couple of other individuals who write for Nesteggr and also maintain their own blogs. I feel that they are the best bloggers on Nesteggr and think you should check them out.

First is The Curious Investor.

I have referenced Dan before but I think he is worth mentioning again. He is a college student with some serious investment chops.

The other is Zach Stocks

Zach helps manage a hedge fund in his real life. He always has a wealth of ideas and an awesome perspective on individual stocks...and not just buys.

Check them out to help them out.



No comments: