Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekly Roundup & The Monthly Buzz

Weekly Roundup

So the Dow ended the week in positive terrority. The same can't be said for the S&P and my portfolio. The S&P ended the week with a loss of .47% and my portfolio fell .88%. In fact, on the week, I only had one winner, Transocean (RIG), up 1.5%. That's it. Not much to write about here. I had only on significant loss this week also, Las Vegas Sands dropped 2.1% on the week. LVS has been a little bit on a ride lately. Two weeks ago it closed at $94.30, last week at $101.77 and this week at $99.70. There is so much hope and concern about the Macau properties that the stock is has been surfing any economic news that the consumer on a global scale may cut back on spending. Let's see what Q3 earnings look like before we make a decision on them.

The Monthly Buzz

We have finished our first full month on this site. I have really started to enjoy what I am building over here. I have seen an increase in traffic each week (albeit it still isn't much) and that keeps me going. I'm a bit of a stat nerd.

If you missed it, or just in case you're new here some of my more popular posts from the month.

The Fall of American Home Mortgage - Is a detailed description of how I felt about the undoing of American Home Mortgage and what it meant to me.

The Death of the 2/28 ARM
- Details what the product what meant to do and how it all went wrong.

Option ARM's- A bad product, gone worse.

Countrywide...Continued- I'm tired of talking about Countrywide, but read this if you'd like some more details.

Introducing the Moderator- A fictional interview with Alan Greenspan.

and finally, Fannie & Freddie Can't Help Either- three reasons why the two government GSE's can't fix this mortgage mess.

As always you can check me out at Nesteggr. If you're not checking me out over there you are missing something totally different. I write on Nesteggr three times a week normally on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and try to typically write a different type of blog than on here. Last week I focused on using creativity to garner some additional income. There is some overlap, see Bush, FHA, & Pipe Dreams, which is the companion piece to the Fannie and Freddie link above.

Nesteggr is continuing to build their site and talk of allowing each "star" to have their own theme much like Wordpress blogs. I'm looking forward to that. And Ravi, I know that you read this, I would love to be able to view my own stats. It motivates me. And thanks for the Digg on the Fannie and Freddie piece. It is appreciated.

No comments: